Scroll down to see what else Dr. Stuart Rose recommends
Shipping Rates:UPS Ground ($1-$49.00)..$7.95
UPS Ground ($50-100)......$10.95
UPS Ground ($101-150)....$14.95
UPS Ground ($151-200)....$17.95
UPS Ground ($200+).........$24.95
We also offer carrier calculated shipping for US and Canada. Sorry, no international shipping is offered at this time.
Sawyer Permethrin Pump Spray
Insect killer and repellent for your clothing is effective against mosquitoes, ticks, chiggers, mites and for up to six weeks.
Use in combination with a skin repellent to prevent Zika virus, dengue fever and malaria!
Sawyer Permethrin does not harm fabrics and is odorless when dried. A contact insecticide, permethrin is non-toxic to humans. Applications can last up to six weeks. Use by itself or with skin applied repellents to build the ultimate protective barrier.
- Nonaerosol pump bottle contains 12 ounces of repellent, or enough to coat two full outfits; a full outfit consists of shirt, trousers and socks. Also available in 24 oz. pump spray
- One treatment will last up to six washings or six weeks before clothing has to be treated again.
- Effective against ticks that carry Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever.
- Effective against mosquitoes that transmit malaria, West Noile Fever, dengue fever and other serious disease.
Permethrin is a contact insecticide. That is, it kills ticks or other insects when it comes in contact with them. It is used on clothing and materials. It uses the same active ingredient used in hair shampoos for head lice. When applied to clothing the Permethrin binds to the fabric eliminating the risk of over-exposure to the skin. Though FDA approved for use on skin, skin contact deactivates Permethrin within fifteen minutes. As a clothing, tent or sleeping bag application, Permethrin is very effective at keeping ticks from attaching to you and at reducing the mosquito population in your camping area.
Permethrin is also an effective repellent against mosquitoes and flies and can be used in conjunction with a skin based repellent, such as Ultrathon or Sawyer 20% Picaridin. Permethrin can be used as the primary repellent if the exposed skin area (gaps in the treated clothing) is not too large. By storing the treated clothing in black plastic bags between uses the protection can be extended considerably.
- Repellent should be applied outdoors and before clothing is worn; hang clothing, spray and let dry two hours (four hours in humid conditions)
- Avoid contact with skin and eyes
Active Ingredient: Permethrin (0.5%)
Available sizes: 12 oz. and 24 oz.
We Also Recommend