Katadyn MICROPUR MP1 Water Purification Tablets
- Effective against all microorganisms
- Used by campers, hikers, adventure travelers, and anyone drinking questionable water
- When added to water, Micropur tablets release chlorine dioxide, which kills viruses, bacteria and parasites, such as Giardia and Cryptosporidium
- One tablet treats 1 liter of water
- No unpleasant taste or lingering aftertaste
- Meets EPA microbiological water purifier test standards
Contents: 20 tablets
Factors to consider in buying products best suited for water disinfection:
- SteriPENS and chemical purifiers are less effective when your water has a lot of suspended solids.
- Chemical purifiers take longer to work in very cold water and chlorine dioxide takes a full 4 hours to kill a hardy protozoa named cryptosporidium.
- Boiling requires that you carry extra fuel, but works the best with snow.
- Iodine tablets don’t kill cryptosporidium.
- Filters that use activated carbon don’t remove viruses.
- Pump based filters and purifiers may be heavy to carry and are prone to cross-contamination.
- Inline or gravity filters can be slow and require that you carry extra water, hosing and reservoirs.
- Most methods, except a First Need purifier, don’t remove industrial pollutants or fertilizers
- MyBottle Purifier kills or filters bacteria, viruses and parasites
We Also Recommend
Adaptor Plug for Australia, NZ & China - Ceptics CTU - USA to Australia, New Zealand, China Travel Adapter Plug With Dual USB